If you are wondering how to recover data from corrupted flash card, then this article will clear all of your doubts and finally you will be having the data back on your drive from your corrupted flash drive. Here, we use a software which is specialized in recovering data from the corrupt flash drive and it is called Remo Recover. You can recover any data you want such as music, videos, pictures, documents, archive files, etc. You can find more about this software by watching this video below.
Characteristics of Remo Recover Software
- The tool will be able to recover data not only from flash cards but also from memory cards, CF cards, HDDs, SDDs, firewire drives etc.
- The software is lightweight and requires minimal computer specifications to run. It is available for both Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- The tool recovers about 300 file types of documents, pictures, videos, music, compressed files, etc.
- The tool is very flexible to use as it guides you throughout the process of recovery. It is very easy to use and no technical skills are required.
- Recovers data using strong mechanisms in order to scan each and individual sector of the corrupted flash card.
Steps to Recover Data
As shown in the above video, visit the link to get the software and install it on your computer. You will see some buttons to recover files, photos, and drives. Choose the one you want and select the required option in the following screen. Then, you will have options to choose the disk drive, select your corrupted flash card after connecting it to the computer running Remo Recover software. Then step forward to the next step. Then the scanning process will take place and finally, it yields you results. The result page displays a list of files and folders from your corrupted flash card. You can find a file by its name, sort it based on the name, size and type of the file and even “Preview” the multimedia file types. Mark the items you want to recover and then click on next. IT will take you to a screen where you need to choose the output folder for saving the recovered items. Choose it and you are all done, the software takes care of saving it on your desired disk.
Causes of Corruption in Flash Card
Flash Card gets corrupted due to a wide number of reasons. Let’s discuss few common reasons here.
- Ejecting the CF card from the camera abruptly or from the computer will lead to corruption in flash card leaving all the available data corrupted or even deleted.
- While transferring media from CF card to any other storage media, if any interruption occurs it will probably result in corruption of data.
- Connecting the CF card to a virus infected computer will make the CF flash card corrupt.
The software, Remo Recover will retrieve everything from corrupted flash card regardless of the corruption causes.