Hard drive is the storage device inside the computer that holds bulk of user data. It is permanent storage device that can hold hundred GB’s of data those are not processed by user at a time. It is also called secondary storage device and its access is slower as compared to primary storage device. For organizing the data in a proper way partitioning of the hard drive is required. Before installing the files on the hard drive we must need to make it usable by creating a new file system on that RAW hard drive so as to store data. The entire process of creating the new file system on the RAW hard drive is called formatting. Reformatting of hard drive is also possible which deletes all the stored data from hard drive and creates a new file system on that hard drive. The popular types of file systems used on Windows and Mac operating systems are: FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, EX-FAT, HFS+ and HFS X etc.
Reasons for Formatting of Hard drive:
Accidental formatting of hard drive: While formatting the hard drive partition accidentally wrong drive is selected; this can cause the deletion of entire data from hard drive.
Formatting of hard drive due to corruption: In case the hard drive gets damaged due to some logical issues. In such cases your hard disk can become inaccessible. Then, in order to regain hard drive access, formatting is required. But formatting deletes the entire data stored on the hard drive and at a later stage you need to recover those deleted data using any data recovery software.
Formatting while converting the one file system from another: While changing the file system of hard drive partition from one file system to another like FAT to NTFS or any other file system; it formats the entire data stored on that partition. So, in order to prevent data loss proper backup of hard drive partition is required. If user forgets to take backup of hard drive data then entire data stored on that partition will be lost.
Other scenarios where formatting is required: Some other scenarios are like boot sector corruption, partition damage due to installing more than one operating system on same partition , virus and malware infection, improper operation and bad sector creation on hard disk etc also requires the formatting of hard drive.
If you are facing data deletion scenarios due to formatting of hard drive then you can use Unformat Drive Data Recovery software to recover data from formatted hard drive easily in very few simple steps. Unformat Drive Data Recovery software is the most efficient utility designed to recover deleted data from formatted hard drive. It is one of the most recommended solutions to recover deleted data from formatted hard drive.
Features of Unformat Drive Data Recovery software:
- Unformat Drive Data Recovery software easily recovers deleted data from formatted hard drives on following Mac operating system platforms like Leopard, Mavericks, Yosemite and OS X etc.
- It also recovers deleted files from formatted hard drives on all versions of Windows operating systems like Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 2003 and 2008 server etc.
- The tool recovers the deleted files from formatted, unformatted, partially formatted and repartitioned hard drives.
- By using this recovery tool, recovery of deleted data from un-mounted, lost and deleted Mac volumes is also possible.
- Recovering of deleted files from following hard drive partitions like FAT, Extended FAT, NTFS, NTFS5, HFS X etc can also be achieved using Unformat Drive Data Recovery software.