There are varieties of sources which are now available to communicate with one another but all of them are not reliable. Emailing is regarded as the most reliable way of communication by using emails we are able to communicate with the people anywhere across the world. Thus Microsoft designed a reliable mailing tool called Microsoft Outlook which is highly desired by a lot of you people for the fastest means of communication.
MS Outlook includes different versions like 2000, 2003, 2007 and Outlook 2010. This email client lets the user to make several folders as well as set rules according to their requirements. Outlook features like inbox, drafts, contacts, tasks, notes, journal entries, appointments, events etc. are stored in a separate file called as PST. PST means Personal storage table which stores all the Outlook items and the size of this file varies for different Outlook versions.
There are cases where this PST file gets corrupted and the Outlook profile stop working so there is a need to repair Outlook inbox, tasks, contacts along with other attributes of Outlook saved in this PST file and they are lost if this file is corrupted. This is possible by using in-built inbox repair tool called Scanpst.exe. However, this tool will not work if the Outlook PST file is severely damaged. Here are a few more reasons which may corrupt your Outlook PST file and you might end up losing your important data saved in it.
Causes for PST file corruption:
- Power failure occurring when you’re working on your Outlook profile results in PST file corruption causing data loss.
- Software conflicts while saving task or drafts can corrupt PST file leading to loss of data.
- Sharing of PST file over the network which is not secure like internet, LAN or any other is the other major reason which can corrupt the PST file causing data loss.
- Corruption of PST file header due to virus attack also leads to loss of data.
- Improper exiting of Microsoft Outlook when the PST file is still in use.
In order to overcome these data loss scenarios there are some security measures which are as follows just have a look:
- After completion of the work close the Outlook properly.
- Updated antivirus program should be used to prevent virus intrusion on the PST file containing important data.
- Always keep proper backup of important data.
- Power source used must be reliable so that improper turn off of the PC can be avoided.
Just in case still you face data loss because of PST file corruption then the only option left is to utilize PST file repair tool which can efficiently repair Outlook 2007, 2010 including earlier version of MS Outlook. This software can fix highly compressed and password protected PST file and restore lost inbox, drafts, contacts etc. This utility also helps the user to retrieve emails which are accidentally deleted from “Deleted Items” folders just in few clicks.
Try the demo version of the software and set the installation on the hard disk of your PC. Now run the repair program and select appropriate repair options which you get while working with the application. Once the repair process is done you can evaluate the performance of the software. In case you are happy with the results you can get its full version available online.